OUR YOGA Teacher Training
FOCUS. EXPLORE. DISCOVER. EXPAND.
200 HOUR TEACHER LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Our signature Teacher-Leader Development Program is rooted in the practices, techniques, and theory of power vinyasa yoga. You will leave our program ready to lead the practices of yoga to anyone, anywhere.
This course is for anyone that is looking to deepen their understanding of the research-based power vinyasa yoga practice, seeking to explore ancient philosophy and it's modern application, someone who desires to show up in their lives with purpose and passion, and/or feels called to the vocation of leadership in any arena.
There is no pre-requirement for this course, as it is open to all experience levels.
We are deeply committed to fully supporting you at each step to be the teacher that you are capable of becoming. This will require your full participation: Completion of all course assignments, attendance at all scheduled gatherings in person and online, a willingness to learn, and a desire to contribute to others in the course is a must.
There is no pre-requirement of experience prior to participating. We welcome all people who have an interest in:
- Exploring the vast context of yoga and meditation - Learn more about yoga's philosophical history and it's very relevant, modern, application
- Understanding the basis of asana as functional movement, breath work, adaptation for all bodies, and embodiment to cultivate vitality
- Studying yoga's ethical practices as an access to fostering life skills in words, thought, and action to make a real difference in the way we relate to and show up for others
- Trauma-informed facilitation and understanding how trauma may present somatically - Learn to intentionally create safe transformational spaces as well as equitable and inclusive learning environments
- Taking a big leap in their personal and/or professional lives
- Team Development and healthy dynamics - You will be surrounded by a supportive community that will support you in navigating the concepts of accountability, personal responsibility, interpersonal communication, and powerfully sharing your gifts with the world
NOTE: Due to the rigorous nature of this program, we ask that all participants are of sound physical and mental health. If you are unsure if this course is for you, please connect with us prior to completing the application.
SUMMER 2024 INTENSIVE
Dates: July 19th - July 27th
Orientation: July 19th | 6p - 9p
Program: July 20th - July 27th | 8a - 8p
All dates as listed, times of program subject to change.
Recommended Additional Texts:
These texts are useful to expand context for material in your program and your program's manual. It is not required to purchase these, rather we share as possible support texts.
- Eddie Stern - One Simple Thing: A New Look at the Science of Yoga and How it Can Transform Your Life
- Swami Satchidananda - The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Kristin Leal - Meta Anatomy
- Bessel Van der Kolk - The Body Keeps the Score
- Deborah Adele - The Yamas & The Niyamas: Exploring Yoga's Ethical Practice
- Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements
- Baron Baptiste - 40 Days to Personal Revolution
- BKS Iyengar - Light on Yoga
- Anodea Judith - Eastern Body Western Mind
- Ray Long - The Key Muscles of Yoga
- Bhagavad Gita (A Walkthrough for Westerners)
- Rolf Gates - Meditations from the Mat
- Ram Dass - How Can I Help?
- TKV Deskachar - The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
- Michelle C. Johnson - Skill in Action: Radicalizing Your Yoga Practice to Create a Just World
- Stanley Keleman - Emotional Anatomy
- Pema Chodron - The Places That Scare You
- David Emerson & Elizabeth Hooper, PhD - Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body
- Rupert Spira - The Nature of Consciousness
- Parker J. Palmer - A Hidden Wholeness
- Stanley Rosenberg - Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve
- Trip Aum Shanti - Yoga Katha, Yoga Sutras
- Melodie Beattie - Journey to the Heart
- Mark Nepo - The Book of Awakening
To inquire about our individualized payment plans, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay-in-full Savings: $3,200
- Tuition includes a comprehensive manual, public classes during program times
- You are required to provide your own yoga mat, journal, strap, and block
$500 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit toward program fee upon registration.
*Structured payment plans available upon request. Program must be paid in full prior to start date.
*Grace & Glory Yoga reserves the right to determine appropriateness of participation. Should our administration team deem that it is not a fit, we will return your deposit in full.
Questions?! Text Us! 609-289-1111